Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Sunday, December 04, 2022

Sunday, December 04, 2022 12:30 am by M. in ,    1 comment
Anne Lloyd is the webmaster of Stay At Home Artist and a faithful reader of this blog. But she is not only a Brontëite reader but a Brontëite writer:
For the past ten years I have been writing a Brontë novel from the view point of Charlotte's husband, Arthur Bell Nicholls. Well, I thought I was writing a novel. What I now find is I have been writing many, many Brontë short stories that run from 1798 to 1906. The collection is called," My Heart is in Haworth. "
I have always meant to weave these stories into one narrative and have tried to do so for years. But so far they stubbornly refuse. So I'm now publishing them as they were written, and posting them periodically on this blog.
I have decided to do it this way because I'm tired waiting for this book too! The time is now on the platform I have.
The stories are offered to the public for free,but they are copyrighted of course. ©
Below is my first installment. "Miss Emily's stone" set in 1854.
The book hasn't been written in chronological order by any means. In one writing session I could zip to two or three different decades of the story and often did. So it is in keeping with the endeavor that my writing doesn't appear in an orderly timeline either.
There are far more romantic and dramatic scenes than this one to be sure. But this one elbowed itself to the front of the line!
The scene is the fall of 1854, the Nicholls have returned to Haworth from their honeymoon in Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. I have followed Anne's work for years now. I am always awed by her artistry and now her venture into literature has once again captured me. Anne is a rare gem of a find, and it behooves us to follow her mastery at our own delight.

    ReplyDelete