Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    6 hours ago

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:10 am by Cristina in , , , ,    No comments
The Guardian has a fascinating article on the fact that this is hardly the first time in History that statues have been pulled down.
Geta, who was murdered by his brother, the emperor Caracalla, exists in my memory because of, rather than despite, the voids left by the removal of his name. His scrubbed-out face in a famous tondo in the Antikensammlung Berlin – one of the most important collections of classical art in the world – is as haunting as Branwell Brontë’s ghostly, painted-over face in his famous portrait of his sisters. (Charlotte Higgins)
A contributor to Happiful discusses bibliotherapy.
When I reflect on the books that shaped my own life I first think of Jacqueline Wilson’s The Suitcase Kid as I navigated the hurdles of divorce as a child, then Wuthering Heights for my teenage angst, and The Vegetarian by Han Kang as I made my way into the big, wide world. (Kathryn Wheeler)
The Eyre Guide wonders about your reaction when 'you first read Jane Eyre'. Mom with a Reading Problem posts about Jane Eyre 2011. The Quarterly Review shares the notorious review of Jane Eyre written by Elizabeth Rigby in 1848. Esbilla Cinematográfica Popular (in Spanish) reviews Devotion 1946.

0 comments:

Post a Comment