Podcasts

  • With... Lizzy Newman - Sam and Sassy chat to Visitor Experience Assistant Lizzy Newman. We'll discuss death, doc martens, and what it was like living in Haworth in the Victori...
    5 days ago

Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday, May 29, 2017 12:30 am by M. in ,    No comments
Jane Eyre is a song recently digitally released by Daniel Zaitchik. Not really about Charlotte Brontë's heroine but it's a nice reference anyway:



Written in 2006.

The author says on his blog:
I wrote this song over a decade ago, but only got around to recording and releasing it now.  It's on iTunes and the like today.  It features violin by Ariana Rosen and cello by Lauren Riley Rigby.  We also made a little music video for the tune, shot and edited by Marjorie LeWit.  Most things I wrote this long ago make me cringe, but I still feel a connection with this one, so I figured I'd throw it out there.  Thanks for taking a look and listen.  
Lyrics:
I tried to read Jane Eyre but I couldn’t get through it
after several pages my eyes were elsewhere and I blew it
I’ll never read Jane Eyre, I know I’ll never get through it
and though i’d like to kiss you, I’m sitting on my fingers
cuz i know that I lost the right to do it when I put you down
next to Jane (Read more)

0 comments:

Post a Comment