Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    19 hours ago

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:30 am by M. in , ,    No comments
This is a recent TEDxTalk with a Wuthering Heights twist:

Singing without my voice | Caroline Parker | TEDxEastEnd
Published on Feb 23, 2016
Let Caroline Parker treat you to her unique blend of music, cabaret and song signing as she performs the achingly beautiful 'First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' and the hilariously inventive rendition of 'Wuthering Heights'.
Caroline Parker describes her experience on The Limping Chicken:
The two songs I chose to demonstrate my approach to translating and performing were ‘First Time Ever I Saw Your Face’ sung by Roberta Flack and ‘Wuthering Heights’ sung by Kate Bush, these songs are so different one with an emotional journey, the other comedic storytelling.
I wanted to show that sign language has a wide range of expression used in communicating e.g. Not just words off a page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment