2 hours ago
4th Literary Prize De Leo - Brontë 2015
For the fourth time a National Literary prize dedicated to the Brontës, their lives, works and places was organized in Italy by Prof. Maddalena De Leo, this year with great success thanks to the Facebook page ‘La Sezione Italiana della Brontë Society’ . Many authors sent their literary contribution but only thirty have been chosen for nomination and publication in the 2015 anthology.
1) Poems about the Brontës
2) Short tales about the Brontës
Prof. Maddalena De Leo, the Italian representative of the Brontë Society and other two Italian Brontë scholars (Ms Caterina Lerro and Ms Elisa Fierro) chose the first three winners of each section as follows:
The three winning poetry 2015 entries are:
1) Amami by Domenico Napoli from Cinquefondi (RC)
(An involving prayer by Catherine to Heathcliff asking him to love her the same as she does)
2) E Io Ero ... by Annalisa Pasqualetto Brugin from Mestre (VE)
( A visual poem full of the author’s personal mementoes of the Brontës )
3) Vento D'Inverno by Nunzio Industria from Napoli
( an ode to the winter wind to get liberty )
The three winning Short Tale 2015 are:
1) Il Cimitero di Casa Brontë by Maria Vittoria Fariselli from Cervia (RA)
(A very short tale full of the atmosphere around Haworth graveyard and the Brontë Parsonage)
2) Charlotte by Veronica Mogildea from Vicenza
(A tale full of Charlotte’s feelings and attitude towards life )
3) Il Profumo della Brughiera by Antonella Iuliano from Bagnoli Irpino (AV)
(A moving tale descriptive of Brontë moors and heather as a way to come out of sorrow after a disgrace)
The six winners will receive Brontë DVDs, books and bookmarks as prizes.
The anthology ‘Brontëana IV’ containing the works sent by the authors for the prize will be edited and published in a short time by Prof. De Leo.