Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    1 day ago

Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday, December 15, 2014 9:48 am by Cristina in , ,    No comments
Perth Now publishes an extract from Genevieve Gannon’s new book, Husband Hunters.
‘Marriage seems like a sham sometimes,’ said Clementine sadly. ‘I’d never made it a priority before, but I’m starting to realise I do want—’
‘Love?’ Annabel asked.
‘A family?’ said Daniela at the same time.
‘Well, all the trappings,’ said Clementine. ‘I’ve seen enough failed marriages to know I shouldn’t rely on a big white wedding to make me happy forever. But I do want children. I want to read the Brontë and Mitford sisters to my daughters, and I want to show my sons how to change a tyre. Come to that, I want to read Jane Eyre to my sons and teach my daughters car maintenance.’
Alison May has re-read Wuthering Heights. The Book Trail traces a literary route from Wide Sargasso Sea until Jane Stubbs's Thornfield Hall passing by, obviously, Jane Eyre.

And--erm--that's it for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment