Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    1 day ago

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:30 am by M. in , ,    No comments
[A] Rochester identikit picture. The Composites creates "images (...) using law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters".
Via Página 12, we have noticed that, as a matter of fact we have a couple more of portraits of Brontë characters: Jane Eyre and Heathcliff. Judge by yourself:


Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë
I sometimes regretted that I was not handsomer; I sometimes wished to have rosy cheeks, a straight nose, and small cherry mouth; I desired to be tall, stately, and finely developed in figure; I felt it a misfortune that I was so little, so pale, and had features so irregular and so marked…“Jane, you look blooming, and smiling, and pretty,” said he: “truly pretty this morning. Is this my pale, little elf? Is this my mustard-seed? This little sunny-faced girl with the dimpled cheek and rosy lips; the satin-smooth hazel hair, and the radiant hazel eyes?” (I had green eyes, reader; but you must excuse the mistake: for him they were new-dyed, I suppose)… Having ascertained that I was myself in my usual Quaker trim, where there was nothing to retouch—all being too close and plain, braided locks included. (Multiple suggestions)
Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
His thick brown curls were rough and uncultivated, his whiskers encroached bearishly over his cheeks…A ray fell on his features; the cheeks were sallow, and half covered with black whiskers; the brows lowering, the eyes deep-set and singular. I remembered the eyes…Do you mark those two lines between your eyes; and those thick brows, that, instead of rising arched, sink in the middle; and that couple of black fiends, so deeply buried, who never open their windows boldly, but lurk glinting under them, like devil’s spies…Compressing his mouth he held a silent combat with his inward agony. (Multiple suggestions)

0 comments:

Post a Comment