Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:18 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Curious stuff found on the etsy shops:

A Jane Eyre scarf on storiarts:
Let everyone know about your great taste in books by wrapping a page of one around your neck! This infinity scarf will keep you looking & feeling both warm & intelligent.
Each Storiarts Book Scarf (Patent Pending) is created from American made, cream colored fabric, super soft 100% cotton knit, about 65" circumference and 12" wide. Fabric has been doubled over and sewn along the edge and at the center to create a thick, chunky, and moldable "page."

This Scarf is available with text that has been predetermined from Jane Eyre:

I have talked, face to face, with what I reverence, with what I  delight in,--with an original, a vigorous, an expanded mind. I have  known you, Mr. Rochester; and it strikes me with terror and  anguish to feel I absolutely must be torn from you for ever. I see  the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of  death."
"Where do you see the necessity?" he asked suddenly.
"Where? You, sir, have placed it before me."
"In what shape?"
"In the shape of Miss Ingram; a noble and beautiful woman, --your bride."
"My bride! What bride? I have no bride!"
"But you will have."
"Yes;--I will!--I will!" He set his teeth.
"Then I must go:- you have said it yourself."
"No: you must stay! I swear it--and the oath shall be kept."
"I tell you I must go!" I retorted, roused to something like  passion. "Do you think I can stay to become nothing to you? Do you  think I am an automaton?--a machine without feelings? and can  bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my  drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I  am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless?  You think wrong!--I have as much soul as you,--and full as much  heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much  wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is  now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the  medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh;--it  is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed  through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal,--as we are!"
"As we are!" repeated Mr. Rochester--"so," he added, enclosing me  in his arms. Gathering me to his breast, pressing his lips on my  lips: "so, Jane!"

Because of the screen printing process there are slight differences from scarf to scarf, making each one unique while adding to the antique and worn look of the piece.
Ink has been heat set to the best of my ability and should not wash out but a gentle wash cycle is always best for your most valued treasures. Wash in cool water and hang to dry. *Fabric is not preshrunk. 
A Wuthering Heights necklace on fidgeters:
Do you love Wuthering Heights? I sure do! This is a sure way to show off your literary geek love. Wear this wonderful little book around and people will be asking about your infinity to this Literary classic. Titled "Wuthering Heights" and measures about 1 inch and comes on a 18" gunmetal ball chain. Great for layering or just showing off all by itself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment