Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday, December 05, 2011 9:27 am by M. in , , ,    No comments
The BIFA Awars took place last night. Finally Mia Wasikowska didn't win the best actress award:
[Olivia] Colman [Tyrannosaur] emerged victorious in a field boasting a former Oscar winner, picking up the nod ahead of Tilda Swinton’s eye-catching role in We Need To Talk About Kevin.
She also saw off the challenge from Mia Wasikowska’s outing in Jane EyreRebecca Hall’s haunting role in The Awakening and MyAnna Buring’s turn in Kill List. (Stuart Kemp in The Hollywood Reporter)
The Sydney Morning Herald talks about Australian movies and actors:
Mia Wasikowska, best known as Alice in Wonderland, perfected her English accent in Jane Eyre ($3.3 million). (David Dale)
Peter Bradshaw's best film picks of 2011 (The Guardian) include in the category of Best Actor Michael Fassbender for Jane Eyre and Andrea Arnold in the Best Director for Wuthering Heights.

The Daily Mail describes a perfect Christmas day for David Cameron:
‘Then one of those great costume dramas like Jane Eyre or Bleak House, then a  film – Goldfinger or The Sound Of Music, which I still love watching.’ (Andrew Levy)
Jakarta Globe talks with a former exchange student:
If I could travel back to my past, there are so many things that I wish I could have done differently.
First, I wish that I had not hated math so badly when I was in school. I wish that I read more classic novels like [Jane Austen’s] “Persuasion” and [Charlotte Brontë’s] “Jane Eyre” or philosophy books by people like [Soren] Kierkegaard and [Jean-Paul] Sartre when I was in high school. (Prima Desita)
Moorpark Patch talks about deadlines:
We tell ourselves, “I will not leave the house/library/coffee shop until I have completed this psychological analysis of the characters of Wuthering Heights,” (and yes, I wrote that paper my senior year of high school after being possessed by some crazed demon who thought it would be fun). (Julie Bien)
Number Seventy News posts about Wuthering Heights; Agent_Zer0 compares Jane Eyre 2011 and the novel; Cover to Cover reviews Jennifer Vandever's The Brontë Project; magic gazelle posts about the recent Brontë movies; rudax (in Spanish) reviews Jane Eyre 2011; D&C Film and purple admiration review Wuthering Heights 2011;  Blog da Nanda posts about the original novel (in Portuguese).

0 comments:

Post a Comment