Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    2 weeks ago

Friday, October 08, 2010

Friday, October 08, 2010 12:02 am by M. in , , ,    2 comments
Upcoming Brontë-related alerts:

1.  In Coubourg, Ontario, Canada:
Coubourg Public Library
Oct. 8 -- 2pm

Jane Eyre (1944) is a moody retelling of Charlotte Brontë's Gothic romance and mystery. Orson Wells looms large as Edward Rochester, while Joan Fontaine is the orphan turned governess. Margaret O'Brien plays Grace Poole, the mad guardian of the secret of Thornfield Hall.
2.  In Nashville:
The Jane Austen Tea Society
Wuthering Heights Discussion Tea Coming Up October 9, 2010
With this reading of Wuthering Heights, so many, many years after my first, and with numerous film productions clouding my memory from the true events written long ago by Emily Brontë, I have found myself mentally chewing on the question – what made this book into a classic that has won untold hearts for almost 163 years.
3. In Bayfield, CO:
Lavenia McCoy Public Library
Event Book Discussion
Date 10/13/2010
Time 7pm-9pm
Details Join us for another discussion in our New Moon series. Wuthering Heights will be compared to Eclipse. Sign up in advance and receive copies of the books. Led by Elizabeth.
Categories: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for alerting me to the Nashville tea! I am happy to say I will be attending and even speaking a little on the life of Emily. I have always wanted to find like minded people here and now I shall be meeting them over a sumptuous high tea in a gorgeous Victorian home. Thank you so much for your diligence! I still receive the occasional note about my Bronte pillar reconstruction which you were so kind to promote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - we are really glad that you got to go. Feel free to drop us a line or two on the event if you feel like it. We hope you had a nice time!

    Great to hear about the continued success of your pillar portrait reconstruction!

    ReplyDelete