Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    6 days ago

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:03 am by M. in , ,    1 comment
Some days ago *rosemary* left a comment saying she was very interested in finding out more about the Wuthering Heights 2009 exhibition at Oakwell Hall. We got in touch with the Museum and we have a few more details. The schedule is particularly important: September 2009 - March 2010.
Picture: An autographed copy of the script for 'Wuthering Heights' (Source)
The exhibition will be running till March 2010. It has proved extremely popular so far and the reception amongst visitors has been very good despite the exhibition being quite small. The exhibition contains, amongst other things, the fake panelling from the series inscribed with Cathy and Heathcliff's names and a portrait of "Cathy" used in the filming.

If you do have chance to visit the exhibition I would be extremely keen to hear your views on it as Bronte afficionados.

Very best wishes,

Simon Skelling
Education & Outreach Officer
Kirklees Museums & Galleries
More details in previous posts: this and this one.

EDIT: We think it is worthwhile to include here Kelly's comment talking about her visit to the exhibition:
I visited Oakwell Hall a couple of weeks ago, I'm going back today, For the moment the exhibition is quite small but the items on display are definitely worth seeing, also the hall's admission fee is very cheap, The picture of Cathy is beautiful for starters and also the bed panelling with Cathy & Heathcliff's names on was lovely to see, They also have autographed acripts and various other items on display, But best of all is Oakwell Hall itself, I never knew of the place until I had seen the new Wuthering Heights in April, And it was even more of a surprise when I found that Oakwell was practically on my doorstep (quick drive) I have introduced some of my family members to Oakwell Hall and each instantly fell in love with Oakwell's charm and it's peaceful surroundings. I also got them all to watch the new Wuthering Heights ;-) The new film is definitely one of my favourites of all time, especially with the local locations they used, If you ever visit Yorkshire make sure you go to Oakwell Hall, you will never want to leave the place!

Kelly, Bradford, West Yorkshire
Categories: , ,

1 comment:

  1. I visited Oakwell Hall a couple of weeks ago, I'm going back today, For the moment the exhibition is quite small but the items on display are definitely worth seeing, also the hall's admission fee is very cheap, The picture of Cathy is beautiful for starters and also the bed panelling with Cathy & Heathcliff's names on was lovely to see, They also have autographed acripts and various other items on display, But best of all is Oakwell Hall itself, I never knew of the place until I had seen the new Wuthering Heights in April, And it was even more of a surprise when I found that Oakwell was practically on my doorstep (quick drive) I have introduced some of my family members to Oakwell Hall and each instantly fell in love with Oakwell's charm and it's peaceful surroundings. I also got them all to watch the new Wuthering Heights ;-) The new film is definitely one of my favourites of all time, especially with the local locations they used, If you ever visit Yorkshire make sure you go to Oakwell Hall, you will never want to leave the place!

    Kelly, Bradford, West Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete