Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:42 pm by M. in , , , , ,    4 comments
The Independent (Ireland) has an article on hyperemesis gravidarum which mentions Charlotte Brontë's death:
"It is so much worse than ordinary morning sickness. Researchers now believe that Charlotte Bronte died from it. But most people don't understand the severity. They say: 'Morning sickness? Oh, I had that.'" (Sue Leonard)
Metro.co.uk introduces us to a new Brontëite: Hannah Tinti, author of The Good Thief:
'And I love the Brontës; anything with a big house where crazy things are going on and someone's locked up in the attic,' she enthuses. (Tina Jackson)
Helen Mead writing in The Telegraph & Argus makes a terrible confession:
I’m taking a deep breath now, as I admit to another glaring gap in my education – I’ve never read a book by a Bronte. Dare I show my face in Haworth again?
Fortunately, these kinds of things are easy to solve :)

Rosa Montero in El País Semanal slips a Haworth reference in her column:
Hace años, visitando el pequeño cementerio inglés en donde yacen las hermanas Brönte (sic), leí en una lápida cercana una inscripción que, traducida del inglés, decía así: “En donde tú estás ahora estuve yo; donde yo estoy ahora tú estarás”. (Google translation)
Vana Hipi posts in Estonian about the the current production of Wuthering Heights by the Vanemuine Theatre (or rather we think so).

Categories: , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I loved Hannah Tinti's book.

    I also like this blog, I think this is my first time to comment? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thanks for your first comment, Amy, and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote a post today about my experience with HG. You might be interested in checking it out. You have quite an interesting blog, and yes, I have heard that about Charlotte Bronte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jen,

    Thank you for your comment and for sharing your story. I'm happy you overcame HG.

    ReplyDelete