Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:03 pm by Cristina   No comments
Channel 4 reviews the extras on the Cronos DVD. One of them is the commentary by director Guillermo del Toro (Blade 2 or Hellboy are probably his more well-known films) where, apparently, he affirms:

his earliest cinematic memory is the Olivier Wuthering Heights (1939). "The gothic spirit, in a way, marked me for the rest of my life. It wasn't a horror film, but to me 'Wuthering Heights' is a hardcore gothic novel," he says.

It's not the first time that Guillermo del Toro expresses his interest in Emily's novel. Since 2003 there has been rumours of his interest in shooting a film named Crimson Peak.

CRIMSON PEAK I am in talks about that one. I would love to be able to make a Gothic Romance much in the Bronte/ DuMarier mold but really creepy. I will start outlining the story and work on the outline quite soon.

Not so soon, we're afraid.

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment