Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    4 months ago

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday, April 10, 2022 12:30 am by M. in ,    No comments

As we informed before, a few days ago was the release of the latest album by Ms Amy Birks, In Our Souls which contains some Brontë poems: Evening Solace by Charlotte Brontë (the song In Our Souls), A Death Scene (Emily Brontë) and The Dream (Anne Brontë).

Louder Sound gives more details:
Brothers is the second single from her upcoming 12-track album, which includes three poems by the Bronte sisters set to music. Singer-songwriter Birks has previously told Prog, "I did English literature at college and I’ve always had a fascination with the Brontës, I thought, ‘Well, Kate Bush has done Wuthering Heights so I’m not going to touch the novels, but what about the poetry?’ So I went through them and landed on three that I loved, one from each sister.” 
As with her debut, Birks is also the album's producer and mixing engineer. She describes the process as being “a time of solitude, of many a late night, exploring ideas and losing myself in the books and poetry of the Brontë’s and my own personal journey over the past few years, developing my ears, skills and confidence as a composer. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment