Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    4 months ago

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday, February 13, 2022 12:30 am by Cristina in , ,    No comments
Louder Sound announces that 
Ms Amy Birks returns with a video for her brand new single In Our Souls, which you can watch in full below. It's the title track of her upcoming album, which will be released physically on June 17, and digitally on April 8.
“I wanted to keep this video simple," says Birks. "I chose The Kings Hall in Stoke because it has the kind of grandeur that favourite composers of the Brontë sisters, such as Franz Liszt would have played in. It also picks up on the drama and panoramic feel that I have endeavoured to capture on this record."
In Our Souls sees Birks setting the words of Charlotte Brontë’s poem, Evening Solace to music.
“The words of Evening Solace really spoke to me and the pain and different connections to life that each of us experience (...if we’re luck
y), whether seemingly trivial or life-altering It is simply beautiful, and my only hope is that I have done this woman and her work some sort of justice," Birks continues. "My aim was to create a piece that sounded like a celebration of something special, because without the Brontë sisters I am not at all sure that I would be the writer that I am today."  (Jerry Ewing)

0 comments:

Post a Comment