Podcasts

  • With... Bethany Turner-Pemberton - Sassy and Sam chat to researcher and curator Bethany Turner-Pemberton. Bethany is PhD candidate in Textiles and Museum Studies at Manchester Metropolitan...
    15 hours ago

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 12:30 am by M. in ,    No comments

The latest issue of Wordgathering: A Journal of Disability Poetry and Literature contains a Brontë-related piece:

Volume 14, Issue 4 – December 2020
Creative Nonfiction
Emily K. Michael, A Letter to Jane Eyre

Dear Miss Eyre,
Today I write to offer my thoughts on certain aspects of your story, which I have just finished reading. Perhaps you are wondering why I call you by your maiden name. Ms. Brontë’s wonderful publication tells me that you are lately married, but it is your unmarried self, at a fixed point in the narrative, for whom I fashion this letter. (...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment