Podcasts

  • With... Bethany Turner-Pemberton - Sassy and Sam chat to researcher and curator Bethany Turner-Pemberton. Bethany is PhD candidate in Textiles and Museum Studies at Manchester Metropolitan...
    1 day ago

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 5:35 pm by Cristina in , ,    No comments
Norwegian singer and song-writer Eldbjørg Raknes reads a well-known poem by Emily Brontë: Spellbound, while her jazz band accompanies her.
The night is darkening round me,
The wild winds coldly blow;
But a tyrant spell has bound me
And I cannot, cannot go.

The giant trees are bending
Their bare boughs weighed with snow.
And the storm is fast descending,
And yet I cannot go.

Clouds beyond clouds above me,
Wastes beyond wastes below;
But nothing drear can move me;
I will not, cannot go.
The album, I Live Suddenly, includes several other poems by famous poets worldwide, as All About Jazz reports.

The reading of Emily Jane Brontë's “Spellbound” suggests a declaration of feminine independence. (Eyal Hareuveni)
It seems truly amazing.


Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment