Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 day ago

Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Tuesday, February 02, 2021 11:52 am by Cristina   No comments
This contributor to Varsity was a precocious reader:
Growing up, I could always be found with my nose stuck in a book. My parents encouraged it, although that might be because it was the most effective form of childcare before iPads. I liked to think of myself as a little Matilda and read everything I could find, from Malory Towers to Wuthering Heights, although the latter probably went a bit over my head at the age of nine. (Amber De Ruyt)
Gizmodo looks at the February releases in Sci-fi and Fantasy books.
The Swimmers by Marian Womack
This “dystopian reimagining of Wide Sargasso Sea” is set on an Earth that’s been transformed into a jungle planet. The last of humanity lives either on the surface or aboard an orbiting space station, and the story follows an arranged marriage between an Earth woman and a “starborn” man. (February 16) (Cheryl Eddy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment