Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    17 hours ago

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:45 am by Cristina in , ,    No comments
The Yorkshire Post has an article by Professor Zahir Irani about Bridgerton and how it may 'be a catalyst for Bradford' and reminds readers of the fact that,
Our cultural heritage includes the Brontës, JB Priestley, David Hockney and Zayn Malik. 
Still locally, Keighley News features the six-year project by Saltaire photographer Carolyn Mendelsohn.
Amongst them is Alice, from Keighley, who chose to be filmed outside a bookshop in Haworth because she’s a budding author inspired by the Brontes.
She said: “My portrait was taken when I was 11 years old, I’m now 13.
“I want to work in a special school because I would like to help children who are different – help them get through and let them know that they’re not alone.
“I have craniosynostosis. When I was a baby the bones in my head had already fused together. When I was six months old I had to have an operation and another when I was one.
“I think my portrait shows that I’m strong and just because I’ve got a disability, it doesn’t make me different from anyone else.” (Alistair Shand)
Books+Publishing reviews the new book Waking Romeo by Kathryn Barker, describing it as
a stunning reimagining of the classic tale of Romeo and Juliet—meets Wuthering Heights, meets epic time-travelling extravaganza.
Aventuras Na História (Brazil) recommends Wuthering Heights among four other classic novels.
2. O morro dos ventos uivantes, de Emily Brontë (2018)
Lançado em 1847, este foi o único romance lançado pela escritora Emily Brontë, no entanto, foi responsável por consagrar a autora na literatura mundial. A obra retrata a polêmica relação afetiva e amorosa entre o protagonista e sua irmã adotiva, sendo um retrato penetrante e comovente da degradação humana. Com tradução de Adriana Lisboa, esta edição conta também com uma breve apresentação de Rodrigo Lacerda. (Translation)
MaxMag (Greece) has an article on the Brontë sisters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment