Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 day ago

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 10:25 am by Cristina in , , ,    No comments
British Theatre has interviewed actress Kelsey Short, who played Jane in Blackeyed Theatre’s recent production of Jane Eyre.
What do you like about playing Jane and being part of this adaptation? 
I love playing Jane because she’s such a well-rounded character who goes on an incredible journey. And I enjoy being part of this specific production because everything is so raw, and the live music, for me, really elevates it to the next level. [...]
Are there any aspects or themes of the show that might resonate in different ways after months of social distancing, isolation and a global pandemic? 
I think one aspect that could definitely resonate is the missing of those that you love as you can’t see them. Jane obviously chooses not to see Rochester for a time but it doesn’t stop her intense missing of him and waiting to see him again. That’s been a big part of my lockdown, missing my loved ones, so I think that aspect could hit home for a lot of people. (Mark Ludmon)
Tufts Now asks all sorts of bookish questions to writer Mary Morris.
What books do you remember being among your favorite?
The first books that I just devoured were Nancy Drew mysteries. Here was a young girl being a detective and solving crimes—I found her very empowering. And I soon fell in love with books like Jane Eyre and Little Women. I always loved stories. My dad was a great storyteller. If I was reading a book I loved, my mother, to her credit, would occasionally let me stay home from school to finish it. (Laura Ferguson)
Craven Herald & Pioneer shares some trivia about St Oswald’s in Thornton-in-Lonsdale.
Also of interest to fans of the Bronte sisters, says the church, is a display featuring Professor C Heywood’s introduction to the latest edition of Emily Brontë’s ‘Wuthering Heights’ which gives a compelling argument for the setting of ‘Wuthering Heights’ being in the vicinity of the church. (Lesley Tate)

0 comments:

Post a Comment