Podcasts

  • With... Bethany Turner-Pemberton - Sassy and Sam chat to researcher and curator Bethany Turner-Pemberton. Bethany is PhD candidate in Textiles and Museum Studies at Manchester Metropolitan...
    1 day ago

Sunday, February 03, 2019

Sunday, February 03, 2019 10:12 am by M. in , ,    No comments
The writer Kate Richards was reading Wide Sargasso Sea when writing Sea and Serene according to The Guardian:
What were you reading when you wrote it? Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys. The Caribbean setting has a hallucinatory quality – you can read it in the dead of winter and still feel the sticky heat, and Antoinette (Bertha in Jane Eyre) is the kind of character I would most love to create – desperate and wild and bruised and unapologetic.
Dorset Echo interviews the author Carina Axelsson:
"Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Robert Louis Stevenson fired my passion further and led me further into literature. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë became my favourite novel when I was a teenager. I devoured Jane Austen’s books too. I also loved Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind. Agatha Christie got me hooked on mysteries." 
 Cinema5D interviews the cinematographer Brett Jutkiewicz:
Rin Ehlers Sheldon: How did you work with the directors to get on the same page for the look? Did you watch any movies together?
BJ: A few of the films Britt, Dan, and I liked as references were Wuthering Heights shot by Robbie Ryan (BSC, ISC), Mud shot by Adam Stone, and Mustang shot by David Chizallet and Ersin Gok. We also looked at photographs by Stacy Kranitz, who documented Appalachian communities and serpent handling congregations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment