Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 day ago

Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:54 am by Cristina in , ,    No comments
Little White Lies interviews Paul Thomas Anderson about his latest film, Phantom Thread.
You’ve described Phantom Thread as a Gothic romance and even compared it to Daphne du Maurier’s ‘Rebecca’. Guillermo del Toro tweeted a passage from ‘Jane Eyre’ as his response to the title: “I have a strange feeling with regard to you. As if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly knotted to a similar string in you. And if you were to leave I’m afraid that cord of communion would snap. And I have a notion that I’d take to bleeding inwardly. As for you, you’d forget me.” Well… god, he’s a smart cat that Guillermo. I think with a title you kind of have to… I don’t know… It’s always a strange thing, they’re either very clear straight away or they emerge later on. ‘There Will be Blood’ came early on and this one wasn’t clear at all. There was an idea for a moment that we were gonna call it ‘House of Woodcock’, but that’s not the film. Giving the title of the film to one character seemed like a mistake to me. I actually see it more as Alma’s story. (Adam Woodward)
Here's the link to Guillermo del Toro's tweets last December.

'The Brontë Sisters In Love' on AnneBrontë.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment