Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:30 am by Cristina in ,    No comments
A whole new collection of perfumes inspired by Jane Eyre:
Poesie Perfume
Thornfield Collection


#1 OPENING CHAPTER
There was no possibility of taking a walk that day.
You find yourself blissfully ensconced in a window seat with your favorite book and a generous cup of steaming Darjeeling tea. Outside, the garden may be rainy and gray, but you needn’t worry about that at all. You don’t even have a cold, unfeeling aunt or a big bully of a cousin, unlike some people.
Notes: a generous cup of steaming Darjeeling tea, a rainy day, a pile of old books all your own

#2 TINY PHANTOM
I was not quite sure whether they had locked the door; and when I dared move, I got up and went to see. Alas! yes: no jail was ever more secure. Returning, I had to cross before the looking- glass…and the strange little figure there gazing at me, with a white face and arms specking the gloom, and glittering eyes of fear moving where all else was still, had the effect of a real spirit.
Poesie Perfume: You see it there in the glass, a tiny phantom – a glimpse of white in an otherwise dark room. But there’s no need to scream, and there’s no need to faint — the thing in the darkness is you.
Notes: innocent pink roses, marshmallow buttercream, pale white musk, antique mahogany

#3 THORNFIELD
I like this day; I like that sky of steel; I like the sternness and stillness of the world under this frost. I like Thornfield.
The fire broke out at dead of night and she danced in the flames. Mysterious, intoxicating, and irresistible. Some people just like to watch the world burn.
Notes: burned wood and lingering smoke, new Vanille accord, the barest hint of pumpkin pie spices

#4 BEWITCHED
When you came upon me in Hay Lane last night, I thought unaccountably of fairy tales, and had half a mind to demand whether you had bewitched my horse: I am not sure yet.
Poesie Perfume: Did she spread ice on the causeway that fateful night or was it just a coincidence that his horse fell? Bewitched features six ingredients for a love spell – yellow apple, clove, apricot, black pepper, vetiver, and cauldron smoke.

#5 SIR
“Jane accept me quickly. Say, Edward — give me my name — Edward — I will marry you.”
“Are you in earnest? Do you truly love me? Do you sincerely wish me to be your wife?”
“I do; and if an oath is necessary to satisfy you, I swear it.”
“Then, sir, I will marry you.”
If she had bewitched him, he had enchanted her. By times dismissive, warm, humorous, and strange, he had drawn her in a surely as a wild creature is tamed.
Notes: a masterful blend of fine cognac and tobacco, leather riding boots and a worn leather saddle, hay from the stables, warm skin

#6 STRANGE UNEARTHLY THING
You– you strange, you almost unearthly thing!–I love as my own flesh. You–poor and obscure, and small and plain as you are–I entreat to accept me as a husband.
Poesie Perfume: Perhaps she was a fairy creature, strayed from a mystic midnight gathering. The scent of the forest clung to her – moss and ivy entwined, an overturned log studded with tiny mushrooms, one ripe peach, & a circle of fairy flowers.
Notes: moss and ivy entwined, an overturned log studded with tiny mushrooms, one ripe peach, a circle of fairy flowers, white amber

#7 MARBLE KISS
There are no such things as marble kisses or ice kisses, or I should say my ecclesiastical cousin’s salute belonged to one of these classes.
Poesie Perfume: Surrounded by the moors, he gave her a marble kiss. It didn’t matter that his face was that of a Greek statue – for her, his heart was just that cold. The gorse blossoms that cover the moors, a hint of Indian sandalwood, and the wedding flowers she would never wear for him.
Notes: gorse blossom, pink marshmallow, sweet sandalwood incense, a wedding coronet of orange blossom, white iris, and rose de mai

#8 NO BIRD
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will.
Poesie Perfume: Her heart soared beyond the confines of her life, over the wild moors where she could be free. There, she was unfettered by circumstance, unencumbered by convention.
Notes: blossoming heather, windswept moors, dried leaves eddied by a zephyr

#9 MYSELF INVISIBLE
Poesie Perfume: What passions raged behind the quiet facade? Hidden away in an isolated stone house on the lonely moors and obscured by her nom de plume, she was neither Currer Bell nor the unassuming vicar’s daughter. She made herself invisible but poured out her flaming heart onto the pages that have resonated through centuries. A tribute to Charlotte Brontë in perfume form.
Notes: stacked books, spilled ink, black tea, shy violets hiding deep in the forest
Silver Petticoat Review posts about the collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment