Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:30 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Christmas is almost here and a Brontë-related gift is always a good option:
Jane Eyre quote mug
by JaneBoothCeramics

This handmade pale blue Jane Eyre mug would make a wonderful Christmas or birthday gift. A perfect present for a fan of the Brontës, particularly Charlotte Brontë.
Jane Eyre is a favourite novel for many people . It can be read many times and something new discovered at each reading.
The' mug features a vintage illustration from an 1850s edition of 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Brontë on the front. it is rare to find an illustrated version of Jane Eyre.
I found this after a several years of searching, as Jane Eyre is my favourite novel!
On the reverse is the following text (said to Jane by Mr Rochester):-
'I knew you would do me good in some way, at some time; I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you:
their expression and smile did not strike delight
to my very inmost heart for nothing'.
The mug has been thrown and decorated by hand by me and has undergone 3 firings. It is also fully functional for your first cup of tea or coffee in the morning and can go in the dishwasher.
It comes in a beautiful bespoke box with a pink satin padded lining.
Wuthering Heights mug

 It features a vintage illustration from 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë on the front.
and the following quotation on the reverse :-

"Well, if I cannot keep Heathcliff
for my friend - if Edgar will be
mean and jealous - I'll try to break
their hearts by breaking my own.
That will be a prompt way of
finishing all, when I am
pushed to extremity."

0 comments:

Post a Comment