Bronte Parsonage Museum shared The Brontë Society's post. - Bronte Parsonage Museum: 67 (5 hours ago) Lucy Haskell: FYI to all Bronte members in the NYC area. PBS is airing To Walk Invisible : The Brontes on Maste...
7 hours ago
Celebrate the 200th Wedding Anniversary of Maria and Patrick Brontë
December 29, 2012 is the 200th anniversary of the day that Patrick Brontë and Maria Branwell - parents of Charlotte, Branwell, Emily and Anne - married at Guiseley Church, West Yorkshire.
To mark the occasion the Brontë Parsonage Museum is offering a day of free activities – and a piece of wedding cake! – to all visitors.
- Meet ‘Mrs Brontë’ as she tours the Museum in her wedding dress
- Listen to a short talk about Maria and Patrick’s courtship and wedding at intervals throughout the day
- Handle real period costume items
- Enjoy children’s activities in the foyer
Mrs Brontë will be at the Museum between 11am and 4pm, and is available for pictures outside the church, in the Museum and in the Museum garden.
- And partake of a free slice of commemorative wedding cake!