Podcasts

  • With... Lizzy Newman - Sam and Sassy chat to Visitor Experience Assistant Lizzy Newman. We'll discuss death, doc martens, and what it was like living in Haworth in the Victori...
    5 days ago

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:23 am by M. in ,    No comments
We knew that Flea, bassist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, was a true Brontëite  (check previous posts) but now we has done a step further releasing a solo EP named after Helen Burns character in Jane Eyre:
Flea
Helen Burns
Hi people who like The Red Hot Chili Peppers! I love you a lot! Mucho! Just wanted to give you a heads up about this little record "Helen Burns" I am putting out on the Silverlake Conservatory website.
Warning! It is not a Chili Peppers record. It does not have songs that are like the Chili Peppers at all. It is a mostly instrumental, weird and arty record, the music is mostly just me creating soundscapes that are very emotional for me, but certainly not for everyone! Just me tripping out at home. I am putting it out to raise money for The Silverlake Conservatory of Musica community based non profit music school that i am an integral part of. There you have it. See you all soon i hope!
Quoting from Consequence of Sound:
As he announced on Twitter:
“I am putting out an EP Imade by myself in a couple of days. it is obscure arty mostly instrumental music, except when Patti Smith sings. My EP is called Helen bBrns. All proceeds from my Helen Burns EP will go towards the Silverlake Conservatory of Music. It will be available for down load at any price you want to pay, it will be a donation to the Silverlake Conservatory of Music. Will also be vinyl, which I will autograph, and inside will be a piece of a bass string that i have played in concert 75 dollars for that. 
Flea later added:
I recorded most of the EP when we finished our tour for stadium arcadium. It is not rhcp music or even close to it. It is a trippy freakout. On Helen Burns, i play trumpet, bass, synthesizers, drum machine, piano, and a bunch of other shit.
Flea adds in the liner notes of the EP:
I have for a long time, been in love with the book Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. The beauty of the character Helen Burns is a quality I yearn for in all human beings, including, of course, myself. Helen Burns is someone who is always present with me, and whose highest ideals resonate in the deepest experiences of my life. I share this love with my friend, Patti Smith, and she agreed to sing a song for Helen. I am so grateful to Patti, my sister, who is one of my favorite people on earth and ever.
The title of the songs are:
01. 333
02. Pedestal of Infamy
03. A Little Bit of Sanity
04. Helen Burns (performed and co-written by Patty Smith)
05. 333 Revisited
06. Lovelovelove

0 comments:

Post a Comment