Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:17 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Kate Beaton, author of Hark! A Vagrant continues her Brontë-related cartoons with a series devoted to Wuthering Heights:
Part One
Mr. Lockwood Arrives
Part Two
Childhood of Heathcliff
Part 3
Heathcliff and Cathy Grow Up
 The author talks about this new project:
Kate Beaton I had just about given up on ideas for Wuthering Heights until the other day when I stumbled upon a beautifully illustrated version of the book by Fritz Eichenberg. It was two dollars! Unbelievable. His evocative woodcuts spurred me into action!
Because this is such a busy time, and such an intense book to cover, I am breaking the comics into smaller updates! That way you won't be waiting so long for them while I run around town and do all that fancy press and tour stuff. (...)
It's interesting to go this far with a book, over more than one update. I have re-read so many parts of Wuthering Heights in the last while that all the characters are swimming around in my brain like .. brain fish.
Nelly, I AM Heathcliff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment