Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:04 am by M. in    1 comment
Sunday Knits offers patterns (or kits including the needed materials) for knitting your own shawl inspired by the ones in Jane Eyre 2011:
To Eyre ...
Please know, first off, that I usually avoid copying other knit designs like the plague.
But exceptions must be made from time to time.
This time, the shawls worn in the new Jane Eyre film are so sweet and so simple
and were demanding so vociferously to be knitted, that I couldn't stop myself.
(Via Handmade Things)

But there is more:

Marezidoats sells Moor House, Kasherino DK weight hand dyed yarn- Inspired by Jane Eyre.
My 'Moor House' colorway was created using my low-water dye technique. This colorway has a literary inspiration based on the book Jane Eyre. I always imagined the stones of Moor House being coated with green moss and orange lichens- what a dynamic pair of colors! This yarn will knit up as a variegated color which will work well with lace patterns or to liven up stockinet stitch!
quovadishandspun has his own Wuthering Heights,  Handspun and Hand Dyed Organic Cotton Yarn.
This colour reminds me of the darkness, intensity, and passion in Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights.
This is one of my earlier projects, so the yarn is fairly slubby, so you'll get some great texture in your project.
algernonrex has a Heathcliffe (sic) yarn: Handspun Worsted Weight.
This handspun yarn is a worsted-weight three-ply named Heathcliffe.
It has been hand-painted with professional low impact acid dyes.
The colors remind me of the murky heathered moors of Scotland as described in the novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. This colorway is full of ivy greens, heather, mauve, stormy grey and the occasional deep red.
And Jane Eyre neck warmers on SnowCatCoalCat and hand-dyed merino wool named Wuthering Heights on latiniumexmachina.

Categories:

1 comment:

  1. you know that after I had my sons and daughters, I started to knit and I have to openly say that I love knitting and I have become kind of an expert and I even sell some of my work, it started like a hobby and still is but also sort of a business too

    ReplyDelete