Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    4 days ago

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:02 am by Cristina in , ,    1 comment
New year, new read challenges and Read-alongs:

She is Too Fond of Books proposes a Brontë Sisters Reading Challenge 2011:
Guidelines

1. The challenge runs from March 1 - August 31
2. In that time read/watch three Brontë related items (I was thinking one for each sister but it is completely up to you)
3. Cross-overs for other challenges are fine
4. You do not need a blog to participate
5. Please sign up in the comments

A list with the original novels, biographies, retellings and films can be found on the post.
EDIT: (January 15) And She Is Too Fond of Books begins the challenge with a Jane Eyre read-along:
Schedule
March  4 - 18: Chapters 1 - 9
March 18 - April 1: Chapters 10 -17
April 1 - 15: Chapters 18 - 23
April 15 - 29: Chapters 24 - 29
April 29 - May 13 Chapters 30 - 36
May 13 - 27: Chapters 37 - 38 (Conclusion)
Laura's Review Bookshelf  will host a reading of Jane Eyre next February:
I've been meaning to reread Jane Eyre for a while and my friend Laura has never read it so I asked her if she'd like to read it together.  Well then I chatted with Shana Silver and asked if she'd like to read it and she's in so I was wondering if anyone else would want to read this book. We could have daily check ins or I could post a chapter review or just create a post to talk about what we've read, what we like, don't like etc.   I'd like to get some new people to Bronte, so if you've never read Jane Eyre, you're really in for treat.  If you've only read Lindner's Jane, give the original a shot.
So just leave a comment if you're in.  I'll create a list of people who are in and we can decide how many chapters to read per week, etc.  I'm really excited for this.  I hope you'll come along and enjoy the book.
 And Unputdownables suggests a read-along of Villette for next February/March:
I’ve been wanting to pick up Jane Eyre for sometime, but have recently been reading about one of Charlotte Brontë’s other works, Villette, which is less famous but arguably (to critics along the years) far superior. Virginia Woolf applauded it as the best of Charlotte Brontë’s works. So, I am getting a group together to do a read-a-long. I’d like to see how many people are interested in reading this book together. I have some interested people on Twitter, so if there are not enough people who would like to do a blog read-a-long, we will still be chatting about it on Twitter if you’d like to join.
Categories: , ,

1 comment:

  1. hank you for join in on my Brontë challenge and read-along! Later on in the year I'll be hosting read-alongs for Emily and Anne, Wuthering Heights of course but I'm still deciding between The Tenant of Wildfell Hall and Agnes Grey.

    Anyway, I'm participating in the Villette read-along too, I've never read it before and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete