Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:49 pm by Cristina in , , ,    No comments
Elayne Boosler tells in The Huffington Post how 'Last night, Lillian Hellman, Anais Nin, Dorothy Parker, and a few other friends and I went to see Sex and the City 2'. None of the Brontë girls joined in, but Charlotte Brontë did turn up in the conversation:
Susan B. Anthony, "And that adorable Charlotte, for Brontë, of course. Like Jane Eyre, seeking her place in the world by living in the beautiful home of a rich man, only this gal need not work for a living. The comedy! She isn't a governess; she HAS a governess. Ha!"
The Guardian's TV & Radio Blog comments on episode 10, season 1, of Mad Men and includes the following in the 'Culture Watch' bit:
• Roger refers to Don as "Rochester" drawing a line between Don and Charlotte Brontë's Byronic hero in Jane Eyre. (Will Dean)
Ruth Wilson discusses her role as Jane Eyre in the 2006 BBC production in The Telegraph:
You wouldn’t have necessarily predicted that kinetic style from Wilson’s career-making dramatic debut as the watchful and mostly silent Jane Eyre. “There was an awful lot of looking and listening,” she recalls of her BAFTA-nominated performance. “I remembered a mantra that one of my teachers used to tell me at drama school, that every thought will pass across your face. Even if you’re thinking about Shreddies the camera will read it. I had a period off afterwards when I went through the whole four hours in my head, wondering how I could have done it better. I thought, if I get slated for this, I don’t know what I’ll do because I knew that I had broken ground myself as an actress.” (Jasper Rees)
The Hindustan Times, in an article about reading, suggests reading some classics, such as Emily Brontë's.

It's Wuthering Heights Wednesday at Fizzy Thoughts, Book Chatter, Lakeside Musing, She Is Too Fond of Books, Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity. Books Are Like Candy Corn reviews Rachel Ferguson's The Brontës Went to Woolworths. And a few days ago Helen Highwater wrote about Jane Eyre covers.

Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment