Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:11 am by M. in    No comments
Christina from Chris-o-rama has alerted us of the following hand-made journal on sale at the daydreambooks Etsy on line shop:
The Brontë

I can just imagine one of the Bronte sisters recording their ideas for stories and novels in a journal that looks like this. Its rugged with a touch of femininity. Tragic stories of jealousy and revenge like Wuthering Heights could have filled the pages of a journal like this.
"And I pray one prayer--I repeat it till my tongue stiffens--Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"
The leather we used on these journals comes from scrap leather that would otherwise be thrown away. We find that using this leather not only adds great character and interest to the books, but also uses what would be wasted and thrown away. This particular journal has an eye shape cut in the front. A window into the book, if you will. The leather came this way. There is also a bead to hold the journal closed. It fits through a hole that is also natural to the leather piece. This is a very intersting journal, and is sure to please the creative side of you.
Journal measures 6 by 8 inches. It has 160 pages of white 20lb paper. Perfect for writing and sketching. There is a leather flap that wraps around the open end allowing added material to fit and stay snuggly inside the book.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment