Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:43 pm by M. in , , , ,    2 comments
Today everything is on blogs. Let's begin with a beautiful picture published on Rickmann Design. Mindflights & Dragonbites reminds us, once again, of the Brontë connections of Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse:
Let me just begin by saying that I am vindicated! In my first posting about Stephenie Meyer, I called the Twilight series Bronte-esque. Sure enough, I have learned that one of Meyer's favorite books is Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and she explicitly references Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights in her latest novel, Eclipse. (April Kendra)
Curiously, All She Wrote is also commenting Eclipse, but the author is not precisely a Brontëite.

Pixiechick_sw presents a project of tote bags called Book Bags. Emily and Charlotte are among the chosen ones. When available you will be able to see them here.

The Lit Connection posts about Jane Eyre 2006 (although a picture of Polly Teale's Jane Eyre is taken for an image of the Broadway version).

We have left the best for the end. This post on Free Space contains a hilarious Brontë reference:
People who know a lot about literature always impress me. I am sure that students of English literature would appreciate my earnest effort to preserve and transmit acquired knowledge. Sometime in 1999, one such person had told me about the Bronte sisters, specially Charlotte Bronte. I collected all the knowledge imparted and then decided to make my presence felt among those in the know. So I shared whatever I knew with my cousin brother. He then passed it on to his friend who was known to my literature buff acquaintance. Couple of days later, the buff called me up and asked – “Who’s this Shirley Bronx you said I had told you about? I could not locate any such English author”. I was surprised. “Why, you only told me that Charlotte Bronte collaborated with her friends Jane Eyre and Shirley, who was either a Bronx or from Bronx, to write Green Dwarf, which was appreciated by Indian civil servant William Makelove Thakkar”, I clarified.
He banged down the phone. I don’t know why. (Biswadip Mitra)
Categories: , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my photography; I am glad you like it.

    Unfortunately my pictures of the Bronte waterfall were not as successful and so I am going to be heading back there in the near future to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Keep us posted if you have more pictures of the area.

    ReplyDelete