gnossienne: Again I looked out: we were passing a church; I... - gnossienne: *Again I looked out: we were passing a church; I saw its low broad tower against the sky, and its bell was tolling a quarter; I saw a narrow ...
19 hours ago
US / Canada $99.95
Europe / Rest of World £55.00
Australia / New Zealand A$198.00
ISBN10: 1405151196 Publication Dates USA: Aug 2007
Rest of World: Jul 2007
Australia: Sep 2007
Format : 246 x 171 mm , 6.75 x 9.75 in Details : 416 pages, 50 illustrations. A Brontë Encyclopedia is an A- Z encyclopedia of the most notable literary family of the 19th century highlighting original literary insights and the significant people and places that influenced the Brontes' lives.
- Comprises approximately 2,000 alphabetically arranged entries
- Defines and describes the Brontes' fictional characters and settings
- Incorporates original literary judgements and analyses of characters and motives
- Includes coverage of Charlotte's unfinished novels and her and Branwell's juvenile writings
- Features over 60 illustrations
"This lively, absorbing, meticulously researched compendium will be a rich resource both for the general reader and for the specialist Bronte scholar. It contains much to enlighten and suprise even those who think they know the Brontes well."Categories: Books
Heather Glen, University of Cambridge