Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    5 months ago

Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday, August 13, 2007 1:38 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Behind the Curtain: A Journey to Sobriety is the title of a book published in South-Africa by Human & Rousseau. The title and the quote in the foreword are taken from Jane Eyre as this article in Cape Times confirms:
"My name is Jean and I am an alcoholic." With those brave words, spoken nearly three decades ago, a woman named Jean saved herself from self-destruction. Now in her 70s and semi-retired, the author stopped drinking 28 years ago and has been running her own business since 1985. When I first met her a couple of months ago, she was a guest speaker at my local writers' group - invited to tell us about the perils on the way to becoming published in SA. (...) The quote in the foreword from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre soon becomes significant. "It is well I drew the curtain, thought I; and I wished that he might not discover my hiding place." (...) Due to the AA tradition of anonymity, this book is published under the author's first name only. (Jean de Witt)
Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment