Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:11 pm by M. in , , , ,    No comments
Lots of them:

A new webpage devoted to Charlotte Brontë appears. It's in Italian and has a beautiful design. Check it here.

Jenny on I Will Tell You What To Think:
I made a shrieky noise of glee and lunged for my bed, and then it occurred to me that if I told the internet about how good Jane Eyre is, then someone might remember how good it is and read it all over again! And because I love my neighbor, I decided to hold off reading lovely lovely Jane Eyre for long enough to make a blog post about it and bring it forcibly to your attention.
Fay reviews on Memphis Reads, the audio version of Claire Boylan's Emma Brown:
It will never be known if this is the novel Charlotte Bronte had in mind when she began her manuscript, but it is certainly a very appealing and satisfying story. All of the characters are multi-faceted and fascinating. You care what happens to them. The fact that the audio version is read by Donada Peters is icing on the cake. Ms. Peters is a consummate reader who could, as they say, make the phone book exciting.
On Yvonne's blog, Jane Eyre appears just behind Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South in her top-ten all-time books:
With this novel, Brontë gave the world one of the finest love stories ever written. It's not only about love and romance. It's about acceptance, growth, learning and understanding. This novel has meant a great deal to me, it has given me strength and hope. This is not a simple story. Neither a tragic one, not in my eyes atleast. In many ways, this novel contains many of the modern beliefs I myself commit myself to; fighthing for what one believe in, equality and empathy for other human beings. Despite the difference in age and background, Jane and Mr. Rochester, are well-matched both in mind and spirit.
Les humeurs de Fritz has discovered that some Charlotte Brontë's juvenilia has been published in French and Linda on iAdventures on Africa posts about her walk from Wycoller Hall to Haworth, with some nice pictures. BrontëBlog knows by experience that it's truly a nice walk.

Categories: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment