Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    1 week ago

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:46 pm by M. in ,    No comments
The Campaign to Save Paper Mill Playhouse (in Millburn, New Jersey) is commented in this article on Broadway World:
Recently Paper Mill Playhouse received this statement from Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries, Brokeback Mountain): "I first attended a show at the Paper Mill Playhouse when I moved to New Jersey at the age of six, and my relationship with the theatre continues to this day. I loved being a Paper Mill Player when I was a child, studying with the wonderful Mickey McNanny, and I'll never forget the pride I felt appearing onstage in Gigi and Jane Eyre.
Jane Austen, Anne Hathaway in Becoming Jane, appearing onstage as Jane Eyre. Amazing :P.

Now, a walk on the blogosphere. In Kooper Beebug we discover a growing Brontëite. Don't you feel recognized reading how the author is developing a Brontë-obsession?
So, if anyone wants to join me, I will be reading Villette by Charlotte Bronte during the coming days.

And, yesterday, while looking for info on sweet Charlotte and Emily I found out that they had a sister who also wrote, Anne. I should have known, I have been reading the Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde and his books are saturated with Bronte-ism. But I didn't catch the fact that there were three even though I remember now that he mentioned the third sister when he brought up Agnes Grey. So, after reading Villette I will then begin Agnes Grey. Eventually I will read the other books by the sisters three: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne), Shirely (Charlotte), and The Professor (Charlotte). I will also look into their poetry, I think they all were published poets.
The Brontë novels are discussed in several places. Here you can find a summary and discussion of the firsts chapters of the novel. On r-h-a-p-s-o-d-y, Wuthering Heights is the subject. And on this Turkish forum, Jane Eyre seems to be also the star.

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment