Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:47 pm by M. in    No comments
Yorkshire Lives & Landscapes is the new book of Ian M. Emberson (active member of the Brontë Society and author of several Brontë-related books).

The Halifax Evenign Courier publish today:
TODMORDEN author Ian M Emberson unveiled his new book, Yorkshire Lives and Landscapes.
The semi-autobiographical book, which was launched at the Bear Cafe in Rochdale Road, Todmorden, also attracted singer and composer Daniel Bath, who performed a specially composed song. He was accompanied by Anthony Brannick.
Mr Emberson, who has already written nine books, said: "The story is set within the framework of my life over the past 35 years.
"There are chapters on Yorkshire culture, walks, gardening, Asian arts, the Brontes and Todmorden. It is quite lavishly illustrated with photographs."
Mr Emberson, who has had poems and a study on Charlotte Bronte's works published said: "I am not quite sure how the idea grew in my mind. I have worked on it at intervals over the years.
"I was born in Essex, but I moved to Yorkshire 35 years ago and I would like to consider myself a Yorkshireman now."
Mr Emberson read extracts of his book at the launch and visitors enjoyed refreshments.
More information in The Todmorden Today.

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment