Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    8 hours ago

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:07 am by M. in , ,    2 comments
An alert from Haworth for today, November 1. Ann Dinsdale presents her book The Brontës at Haworth, that we have presented before:

The Brontës at Haworth:

Talk by Ann Dinsdale, author and Librarian at the Brontë Parsonage Museum, coinciding with her new book The Brontës at Haworth.

West Lane Baptist Chapel - 2.00pm - £2.50 - For further information contact Audience Development Manager, 01535 640194/ andrew.mccarthy@bronte.org.uk

Picture courtesy of the Brontë Parsonage Blog.

EDIT (04/11/06)

The Brontë Parsonage Blog publishes an interview with Ann Dinsdale:
The book came about because Anne Fraser from the publisher Frances Lincoln saw the Parsonage Guide in the summer of 2004, which I had co-authored. She was so impressed with its general quality that she contacted me and Simon Warner and we took it from there. (...)

For research I didn’t have to stir beyond the library here, which of course contains the best collection of Brontë material in the world. I had access to parish records, contemporary accounts, newspapers, everything. After seventeen years I am quite familiar with what there is. (...)

After all my time here dealing with visiting researchers I have got an idea of what people want to know, so I have tried to address relevant concerns. There are no footnotes because the book is not aimed merely at a university audience.

I am very happy with the wonderful photos by Simon Warner, which complement the text so well. (Read more)
Categories: , ,

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if the BronteBlog has Ann Dinsdale's contact information. I would like to ask her some questions.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your inbox :)

    ReplyDelete