Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 days ago

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:28 am by M.   2 comments
The Evening Standard Magazine publishes in the last number a couple of articles on Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. All the articles are accessible on the ES Magazine website (you have to register, though).

The article about Ruth basically introduces the readers to the new actress and is full of praises to her partner:


Against her first impressions, Ruth found a confidante in Toby Stephens. 'He surprised me being such a generous actor' (...) When Ruth was struck down by a stress-induced bug on the penultimate week of the three months of filming, Toby Stephens came to the rescue.

'I was in a wretched state, feeling faint and being sick. Toby ran into Asda and bought everything you might want if you're ill -videos, Coke, food and pills of all sorts - medicine for everything. Totally over the top, but wonderful.' Kissing him was 'a perk of the job. No, really, it was totally professional, unromantic and mundane -like making a cup of tea.
The interview with Toby Stephens covers more or less the things that we have seen already printed in many other papers. It's more centered on Toby's personal life and career.
"If people want my Rochester be all dashing and romantic, then I think they might be disappointed (...) He's not a traditional hero. And I simply can't take seriously the idea that the part's going to turn me into some sort of hunk. When I look in the mirror, I usually think "Urgh", not "Ooh, I look lovely".'

EDIT (23/09/06): PennyforyourDreams has scanned all the pages concerning Toby and Ruth.

Categories: , ,

2 comments:

  1. i think that toby is gorg and hot hot hot i think that ruth and toby should be a couple!c xx x x xx x xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his wife would have a say in that..lol. But I agree, He is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete