Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    4 months ago

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:31 am by Cristina   No comments
The Yorkshire Post publishes a short article about Bethany Gill who plays Eliza in tonight's episode of Jane Eyre.


Bethany Gill, from Wilsden, near Bingley, makes her professional acting debut in it as Eliza, Jane Eyre's cousin.

The 12 year old was originally shortlisted to play the part of a young Jane Eyre and although the programme's producers eventually chose someone else they asked her to take the role of Eliza. She said: "When my mum told me I was really really happy, I wasn't expecting it at all."

Bethany, a pupil at The Girls Grammar School, in Bradford, spent three days on set and enjoyed all the trappings of television stardom.

She said: "I got there and I had my own caravan with my own name on it. It's so exciting having people do your hair and make-up and someone to help you get dressed.

"I definitely would like to do more. I want to be an actress when I get older."

Bethany's family and friends are gathering at her home tomorrow night to see the first part of the drama.

Bethany is not the only Yorkshire girl in the programme. Georgie Henley, from Ilkley, plays the young Jane Eyre.
EDIT (26/09/06): ThisisBradford publishes another article on Bethany's role in Jane Eyre here.
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment