Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    1 day ago

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:02 pm by Cristina   No comments
How funny it is that after talking about Wuthering Heights - the song by Kate Bush - yesterday we find it also mentioned in an interview with Irish singer Albert Niland, who has recently covered it as well.

Tell us about how you came to cover Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights.

There are two songs from that era that leap out at me and bring it all back. One is I don't like Mondays' and the other is Wuthering Heights. To tell the truth, even when I first played Wuthering Heights in my kitchen, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I knew I was onto something. When I played the song on Tom Dunne's show it was the first time I'd ever performed it live. Later he called me and said that the phone lines were bombarded with people asking where they could get it.

So one more version joins the ranks.

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment