Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    1 day ago

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 10:45 am by Cristina in , , ,    No comments
Emily has made it into Tatler’s 'definitive top 10' of the films of 2022.
7/10
Emily
Emma Mackey, the 26-year-old actress who rose to fame in Netflix’s Sex Education, is now flexing her talents in the realm of period drama. Mackey is stars in Emily, a biopic about the celebrated author, Emily Brontë, best known for the romantic novel, Wuthering Heights. Inspired by her own tumultuous love stories, the film follows the tale of Brontë's life in Victorian England, set against a backdrop of the sweeping Yorkshire Moors.
Sveriges Radio (Sweden) has an interview with director Frances O'Connor.

A contributor to Her Campus doesn't have good memories of reading Wuthering Heights.
However, I fell into a reading slump for around five years of my life when I entered high school. The doom of having to read Wuthering Heights in grade 9 while battling the highs and lows of high school led me to lose that love of reading.I instead turned to SparkNotes the night before a book report was due. I felt so guilty all the time for doing this, and knew my inner child would be scolding me. (Milla Ewart)

0 comments:

Post a Comment