Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    4 months ago

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Saturday, February 12, 2022 12:30 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Some of the mentions of Wuthering Heights in the 2022 film The Sky is Everywhere, directed by Josephine Decker based in the novel by Jandy Nelson, who is also the screenwriter:
And just like Cathy and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights I've lost the one person on Earth who understood me.
Wuthering Heights again?
I can't stand this anymore.
Do you want to be as miserable as Cathy and Heathcliff?
Maybe one day you'll put down Wuthering Heights  and live your own life.
Hey, maybe one day I will!
He loves Wuthering Heights too?
He's my Heathcliff.
You don't know this, but I've read Wuthering Heights… 23 times.
And I know that I love you more than Cathy loves Heathcliff. Knowing this feeling, I never would've married Edgar Linton. Ever.
Do it.
What? Do what?
Just do it.
Chop it into bits.
They wasted their lives!
They wasted their amazing love!
I hate Cathy and Heathcliff!
They were so committed to their misery. Fools!
I am not gonna be afraid to live my life like you two Victorian idiots!
Here, give me.
We're gonna live our lives!
You Victorian imbeciles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment