Podcasts

  • With... Bethany Turner-Pemberton - Sassy and Sam chat to researcher and curator Bethany Turner-Pemberton. Bethany is PhD candidate in Textiles and Museum Studies at Manchester Metropolitan...
    1 day ago

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday, August 16, 2020 12:57 am by M. in ,    2 comments
Today, on BBC One:
Jane Eyre 2011
August 16, 13:50h

An orphan suffers an unhappy childhood before gaining employment, firstly as a teacher and later as a governess to a little girl living at the imposing Thornfield Hall. She falls in love with the owner of the estate, but it is much later that she discovers the terrible secret that he is harbouring.

2 comments:

  1. “Dread remorse when you are tempted to err, Miss Eyre; remorse is the poison of life.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I was actually permitting myself to experience a sickening sense of disappointment: but rallying my wits, and recollecting my principles, I at once called my sensations to order; and it was wonderful how I got over the temporary blunder–how I cleared up the mistake of supposing Mr. Rochester’s movements a matter in which I had any cause to take vital interest.”

    ReplyDelete