Podcasts

  • With... Lizzy Newman - Sam and Sassy chat to Visitor Experience Assistant Lizzy Newman. We'll discuss death, doc martens, and what it was like living in Haworth in the Victori...
    4 days ago

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 12:30 am by M. in , ,    No comments
The composer Myriam Martin has set to music six poems by Emily Brontë: Sympathy; Here Am I Standing Lonely; Strong I Stand; I Was a Little Budding Rose; I Gazed Upond a Cloudless Moon and There Was a Time.

A fragment of the cycle has been uploaded to YouTube:
"Standing Lonely" - a cycle of six poems by Emily Brontë set to music for Soprano and String Quartet by Myriam Martin. This extract features Christine Bunning and the Sterling String Quartet performing "Strong I Stand" For further information regarding the complete cycle, the score, performance or recording of the work, contact neufontaines@sfr.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment