Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012 4:20 pm by M. in , , , , ,    No comments
USA Today interviews Rita Gerlach, author of Before the Scarlet Down:
Serena: I wonder if it was the crunch or the pickle smell that gave them away, LOL! Are there any particular authors or events in your personal history that inspired you to put your stories on the page?
Rita: Years ago, my cousin Nora Roberts gave me a signed copy of one of her books at our annual family reunion. After I read Nora's book the desire to write rose up in me like a wildfire. It had been there throughout my life off and on, but I needed that push.
Other authors that inspired me are Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, and Raphael Sabatini. (Serena Chase)
Student Life discusses the Best Costume Design Oscar nominations:
Sandy Powell won just two years ago for “The Young Victoria,” and an Oscar for “Hugo” would be her fourth. Mark Bridges (“The Artist”) just received his first nomination, and it is rare for first-time nominees to win. However, fellow nominee Michael O’Connor (“Jane Eyre”) did just that. For now, I’ll lean towards “Hugo,” but I think “Jane Eyre” could surprise.  (Georgie Morvis)
The Arizona Daily Star gives a parent tip with a Brontë twist:
Throw dreams to other children too, not just your own. I remember a neighbor who saw me carrying a pile of library books and asked me what I liked to read. I was deep in the Brontë sisters at the time. She went in her house and came out with a biography of the Brontës. After I read it we discussed the Brontës and their books. She treated me like a grown-up, gave me my first taste of literary criticism, and started me out on the path of becoming a critical reader.  (Marilyn Heins)
SFAudio has created a video mixing a1950s children adaptation of a part of Wuthering Heights and an audiobook. The illustration is by William Stobbs:
What I’ve actually done here is taken the story’s text and images |PDF| and matched them up with the terrific solo narrated audiobook as performed by the talented Ruth Golding for LibriVox. Or to put it another way I abridged the public domain audiobook of Wuthering Heights to match the text as it appears in The Crackerjack Book For Girls. Here’s the |MP3|.
I should also point out that the complete audiobook of the novel is HERE). (Jesse Willis)
Manx.net informs that Jane Eyre 2011 will be screened at the Films in Peel event (March 8) in the Isle of Man; Immortal Ephemera talks about Jane Eyre 1944; in The Jamestown Post-Journal a local student and Brontëite is mentioned; Centre Départemental du Vaucluse (in French) reviews Sheila Kohler's Becoming Jane Eyre; Rebeccas blog posts about Jane Eyre (in Danish).

0 comments:

Post a Comment