Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    2 months ago

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:04 am by M. in ,    No comments
An interesting event for today, April 24, in Harrogate. Wendy Bardsley, author of the recently published novel Branwell Brontë's Creation gives a talk. From the author herself:
Yorkshire Post Literary Lunches are arranged by The Yorkshire Post and are held, normally, either at The Majestic Hotel or The Pavilions of Harrogate.

Admission
For ticket prices, please contact Margaret Brown
Contact Details
Margaret Brown, Tel 01423 772217

I shall be speaking on Thursday, 24th April, at the Pavilions, with writers, Clare Francis and Ruth Brandon about my novel, Branwell Bronte's Creation.
I shall talk about what inspired me to write it, how long it took me to write it, and my feelings in general about Branwell's role in the family. I have always been a lover of Bronte literature, and find the way they lived their lives in Haworth fascinating. For a long time now, I have wanted to write a novel about Branwell, who I feel has been misrepresented and given an unfair press over the last 150 years. There area great many positives about him, evidenced from his childhood writings and the writings of his sisters. I wanted to explore his personality and his contribution to the Bronte ouvre, and also give him some dreams.
My novel creates those dreams, and winds them into his biography, I hope showing Branwell in a much more positive, and I feel, truer light.
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment