Podcasts

  • With... Adam Sargant - It's our last episode of series 1!!! Expect ghost, ghouls and lots of laughs as we round off the series with Adam Sargant, AKA Haunted Haworth. We'll be...
    3 weeks ago

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday, February 03, 2007 1:21 pm by Cristina in , ,    No comments
Only two days until the Jane Eyre DVD is released in the UK! But you have another chance of winnign a copy. Digital Spy is running a competition (for UK residents only). The (very easy) question is:
Who played Jane Eyre in this adaptation?
a) Ruth Wilson
b) Ruth Badger
c) Ruth Watson
And here's the deadline:
The winners will be chosen randomly and notified by email after the closing date of Saturday, February 10, 2006 at midday.
Bookshelves of doom has chosen this fabulous T-shirt as T-shirt of the week. Oh, wouldn't it be great to have one of those? And the accompanying post is fun to read as well.
The first time I read Wuthering Heights, I had to repeatedly stop myself from throwing the book across the room. I wanted to slap almost every single character. (Yet I was totally entranced. Odd, that.)
Anyway. Of the whole crew, Heathcliff makes me the most crazy.
Thus, the shirt. (And my love ofthe third Fforde book.)
So what's the deal? Am I the only Heathcliff-hater out there? Does everyone else in the world think he's the dreamiest? I guess I'm about to find out. This is the first one I've been vaguely scared of wearing towork. I'm worried that a pack of blue-haired Heathcliff fangirls will batter mewith their enormous purses.
Now there's something BrontëBlog - and others - have been saying when newspapers use Wuthering Heights as the romantic (without a capital R) novel par excellence. A masterpiece? There's no denying that. The epitome of love? Not so sure.

And Dani Torres in her blog A Work in Progress shares fantastic fragments of Jane Eyre.

Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment