Podcasts

  • With... Emma Conally-Barklem - Sassy and Sam chat to poet and yoga teacher Emma Conally-Barklem. Emma has led yoga and poetry session in the Parson's Field, and joins us on the podcast...
    1 day ago

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:26 am by M. in , ,    No comments
Today, November 6 in Toronto, Canada:
Beyond the Moors

This is improvised show based on the classic novels of Jane Austen and the Brontë sisters.
We’re going to stay true to the text while putting in our own twists and turns.
Who said literature couldn’t be wildly adventurous?


Withering Highs
The Annex Theatre
730 Bathurst Street (inside the Randolph Academy)
8pm November 6th
Director and Producer: Shaista Latif
Associate Producer: Sarah Behl
With Kirsten Gallagher, Amanda Barker, Thomas MacKay. 
(Based on the novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë)

A story of love, betrayal, revenge, redemption and ghosts!

“‘And I pray one prayer–I repeat it til my tongue stiffens-Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you-haunt me, then! The murdered DO haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts HAVE wandered on earth. Be with me always-take any form-drive me mad! Only DO not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I CANNOT live without my life! I CANNOT live without my soul!’”
Next November 20 is Jane Eyre's turn: Jane Err.

Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment